Kristin Renee Brown, ACP 10 Advanced Certified Paralegal specializing in corporate governance
Proactive, self-starting Legal Professional specializing in global corporate governance dedicated to enhancing organizational growth and profitability while ensuring legal compliance in a fast-paced environment.
Match Group | Dallas, TX (remote) 01/2020 – Present
- Effectively liaison with a variety of personnel at all organizational levels, including C-Suite executives, to anticipate, implement and/or address corporate governance matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Anticipate and action U.S. and global corporate governance matters, such as entity formation, qualifications, dissolution and compliance, annual and other periodic regulatory filings, and subsidiary board and shareholder actions and meetings.
- Collaborate on the preparation and completion of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring projects, inter-company financings and related activities.
- Assist with the planning, preparation and conduct of parent company stockholder meetings and related documentation, including director and officer questionnaires and Section 16 filings.
- Innovative identification and implementation of improvements to current operations and workflows.
HomeAdvisor | Denver, CO 09/2017 – 12/2019
- Provided support for public company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
- Spearheaded the implementation and maintenance of entity management tool HCue to maintain physical and electronic records.
- Collaborated with attorneys to ensure governance and corporate compliance of all corporate record keeping responsibilities, including preparation of shareholder and board resolutions, annual reports, share registers, and stock certificates.
- Drafted motions and answers to small claims across the United States.
- Prepared and filed state qualifications to do business, as well as state and local business licenses and permits.
- Maintained the intellectual property portfolio, including future filing deadlines.
- Drafted and prepared form agreements and responded to common complaints and subpoenas.
The Western Union Company | Englewood, CO 04/2012 – 09/2017
Senior Privacy Analyst
- Partnered with stakeholders, business units, and key employees to identify and mitigate areas of potential privacy risk through extensive problem-solving skills in creating, evaluating, and maintaining the privacy and information governance global training and awareness program; detailed focus on the development and compliance monitoring of privacy program policies, statements, and procedures.
- Effective interdepartmental communication for the review and response to complex internal and external requests for confidential consumer and employee personal data; used problem-solving skills to achieve business needs with minimal negative impact.
- Reviewed and responded to consumer requests for the deletion of their data or changes to their communication preferences, including working with appropriate systems owners to verify completion.
- Extreme detail-oriented focus to identify changes to laws, regulations and best practices as it relates to the business.
- Excellent communication skills in order to create privacy related user guides, job aids and knowledge-based articles for a diverse audience.
- Detailed review of vendor and supplier contracts to ensure proper mitigation of legal risks, including overall favorability to the business.
- Researched and prepared 100’s of entity formations, foreign qualifications, mergers, conversions, dissolutions, and withdrawal filings for all types of legal entities; which resulted in the entity management of 180+ countries in the Americas region with a focus on financial services regulations and compliance.
- Docketed and prepared 100’s of annual reports and trade name filings in the United States and Canada.
- Proactively created and maintained a database for tracking of insider trading compliance, including the integration of 100’s of historical records.
- Prepared communications to employees concerning insider trading policies and black-out periods.
- Championed HCue to expand and maintain corporate record books.
- Coordinated the quarterly distribution of subsidiary board materials for multiple regulated entities; led the meetings and drafted meeting minutes.
- Prepared written consents in lieu of meetings of shareholders and directors, Secretary Certificates, affidavits, and powers of attorney for 50+ non-regulated or public entities.
- Supported Compliance, Tax and Treasury by assisting in the completion of compliance, tax and bank account filings including the acquisition of apostilles and foreign authentications.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. | Omaha, NE 10/2007 – 04/2012
- Administered and monitored data of 250+ historical and current entities; preparation and filing of annual reports; tracked intellectual property deadlines.
- Assisted with the annual meeting of shareholders; proper communication and notices related thereto.
- Researched and responded to communications from shareholders, former and current.
- Tracked due dates for director, shareholder, partner/member meetings, annual report filings, and policy adoptions.
- Maintained corporate record books by preparing powers of attorney, stock certificates, transfers, and ledgers, written consents in lieu of meetings of shareholders, members, partners, and directors, and Secretary Certificates for 200+ global entities.
- Procured certified copies of corporate documents, apostilles and foreign authentications.
- Used research skills to prepare 100’s of entity formations, foreign qualifications, mergers, conversions, dissolutions, and withdrawal filings for all types of global legal entities.
- Assisted with the preparation and filing of forms with the SEC.
- Detailed review, tracking, and administration of contracts to ensure proper mitigation of legal risks, including overall favorability to the business; prepared contract amendments, terminations, and extensions.
- Prepared and reviewed transactional documents related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepared, researched, and reviewed basic real estate documents such as deeds, warranties, and land surveys.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts - Paralegal Studies
Texas licensed traditional and online general Notary Public
Certified Paralegal [General law]
Advanced Certified Paralegal, Business Organizations: Incorporated Entities
Advanced Certified Paralegal, Contracts Administration/Contracts Management